Application deadline for Fall 2022 admission: January 11, 2022
Completed applications and portfolio submissions must be received by January 11, 2022 to be considered for funding for a Fall 2022 start.
Applicants for the M.A. or M.F.A. degree must first meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School as specified in the Graduate Catalog. Applicants to the DMD graduate program are not required to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) or the GMAT (Graduate Miller Analogies Test).
UConn Graduate School Application
Applicants for the M.A. or M.F.A. degree must complete the online application to the Graduate School, which includes:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of purpose (personal letter of application) detailing why you want to attend this particular program, which faculty you would want to work with, and how you see the program furthering your creative and/or career goals
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate level studies mailed to UConn from the providing institution
For international students: Evidence of English language proficiency using results from one of the standardized tests accepted by the Graduate School.
- A creative research / artist statement (500 words)
- 10-15 examples of work in the form of videos, still images, audio files, or website links
Meet With Us
Applicants for the M.A. or M.F.A. degree are required to have an in-person or video conferencing interview with a member of the DMD Graduate Studies committee. The department will contact applicants to schedule an interview once the application has been reviewed.