- December 1, 2019 - Priority Freshman Application Deadline for Merit & Honors Consideration
- December 30, 2019 - Early review deadline (preference given to portfolios submitted by this date)
- January 15, 2020 - Deadline for Common Application and online portfolio uploaded to Slideroom
- April 15, 2020 - FAFSA Deadline for Financial Eligibility
- March 1, 2020 - Admissions decision notification begins
- March 15, 2020 - Students interested in living in UConn's new residential facility on the Stamford campus are advised to complete the admissions application in order to receive a decision and apply for housing before the April 1 Stamford housing deadline.
- April 1, 2020 - Stamford housing deadline.
- May 1, 2020 - General Regional Campus Application Deadline*
The portfolio requirements below are to be uploaded to the media section of Slideroom:
Create a 1-Minute Smartphone Video
Create a 1-minute smartphone video that tells your personal story of engagement with and affinity for Digital Media. Share your thoughts and reflections about the digital medium and why UConn is the place for you to advance your studies in the digital space. We ask that you produce your video as simply as possible and keep the focus on you - we want to meet you and get to know more about you through your video. Your video will be judged on substance (what you have to say), not on production values (how you shoot or edit) so don’t worry about making the coolest looking video. Instead focus on make a video that tells a personal story. Also, we will watch only 60-seconds of your video so running longer than 1-minute will not help your application. The file format for all video submissions should be: MOV or WMV.
BA & BFA Students Must Upload a Portfolio to Slideroom
In addition to the creative work listed above, you must complete a 250-word writing challenge consisting of a short story titled "The Cave." The story must not exceed 250 words and should be accompanied by a simple image of a cave that you’ve obtained from a web search (using a search engine). In your short essay, tell us about the cave, where the cave is located, where it leads, or who/what lives in the cave. What is special about this cave to you? It should be accompanied by a simple image of a cave that you've obtained. This assignment might be particularly useful for students applying to the Digital Culture, Learning and Advocacy or Digital Media Strategies for Business tracks, but is something we require all applicants to complete as part of their application.