Application deadline for Fall 2019 admission: December 31, 2018
(Note, applicants are not accepted for Spring admission)
Competitive teaching and graduate assistantships and fellowship positions that provide tuition remission, stipend, and health insurance are available. Completed applications must be received by December 31, 2018 to be considered for funding for a Fall 2019 start.
Applicants for the MA or MFA degree must first meet the admission requirements of the Graduate School as specified in the Graduate Catalog. Applicants to the DMD graduate program are not required to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) or the GMAT (Graduate Miller Analogies Test).
UConn Graduate School Application
Applicants for the MA or MFA degree must complete the online application to the Graduate School, which includes:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement of purpose (personal letter of application) detailing why you want to attend this particular program, which faculty you would want to work with, and how you see the program furthering your creative and/or career goals
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate level studies mailed to UConn from the providing institution
For international students: Evidence of English language proficiency using results from one of the standardized tests accepted by the Graduate School.
Applicants for the MFA degree must submit a portfolio through SlideRoom showcasing the applicant’s readiness to engage in advanced creative activity and research within one of the six DMD concentration areas or in an interdisciplinary capacity across the DMD concentrations. Applicants to the MA degree may optionally submit a portfolio, but are not required to do so. The portfolio includes:
- A creative research / artist statement (500 words)
- 10-15 examples of work in the form of videos, still images, audio files, or website links
Meet With Us
Applicants for the MA or MFA degree are required to have an in-person or Skype interview with the DMD Graduate Studies committee. The department will contact applicants to schedule an interview once the application has been reviewed.